Zero Gravity Chair vs Recliner: Which is Better?
When it comes to choosing between zero gravity chairs vs recliners, you might have a pile of questions on your mind. What exactly is the difference? Is there a contrast between the two? Certainly, yes!
Let’s start with the definition of “zero-gravity” and how it distinguishes itself from a traditional reclining chair. Once you learn about these two, you’ll be able to answer the question: Should I buy a zero-gravity chair or a recliner?
What is a Zero-Gravity Chair?
Zero-gravity doesn’t mean you’ll be floating around in your room. It means the neutral position you will be in as you relax in the chair. NASA designed zero-gravity chairs to imitate the neutral position of the astronauts and to reduce the effects of gravity on their bodies. Your legs will be above the heart level when you recline in a zero-gravity position. This evenly distributes your weight long your body easing the burden at specific points caused by sitting in conventional chairs.
What is a Recliner?
A recliner is an armchair that reclines back when the person sitting on the chair lowers their back and raises their front. You can remain in your preferred position for as long as you want without any discomfort.
Recliner Chair Vs Zero Gravity Chair - A Complete Comparison
When it comes to features, zero gravity provides more compared to traditional recliners. The best zero gravity chair has,
- Massage functions
- Heat therapy options
- Smart timer option to wake you up when you accidentally sleep off
Whereas a recliner has,
- Adjustable headrest and footrest, armrest, and lumbar support for the lower back
- Storage box to keep your essentials
- Charging ports to power your device
- Power recliners have a remote control that helps people with mobility issues to get in and out of the chair effortlessly.
The winner here is the recliner chair as it has multiple features in it.
2. Health Benefits
When you focus on the health benefits between a recliner and a zero gravity chair, you can see that the conventional chair lacks health benefits.
Health benefits of zero gravity chair
Zero gravity chairs work in many ways to improve health conditions,
- Improves body posture by decompressing the spine.
- Takes pressure off the lower back.
- Improves blood flow and helps to keep a constant blood pressure
- Reduces stress caused by daily activities.
- Relieves sore muscles.
Health benefits of recliners
A comfortable recliner chair has both mental and physical benefits.
- Reduces stress as it provides superior comfort and support
- Improves circulation and gives some lower body relief by raising your leg above the heart level
- Provides excellent lumbar support which alleviates back pain
- Makes movement easy for people who have mobility problems
When it comes to health benefits, both of them help equally.
3. Back Pain Relief
In a conventional recliner,
- Pressure is focused on thelower back and pelvic region.
But zero gravity chair is a solution to this problem.
- When using a zero gravity chair, the pressure is evenly distributed throughout the body which helps ease back pain.
- So when you sit in a neutral position, the pressure is alleviated on the spine and along with the sciatic nerve system. As a result, it loosens up the nerve in that area, alleviating strain and muscle spasms.
When choosing between a recliner and a zero gravity chair for back pain relief, the winner is always a zero gravity chair.
When you have decided to purchase furniture for your house, you need to make sure you are getting the best quality furniture. So let’s see which furniture is durable: recliner or zero gravity chair.
Durability of a conventional recliner
In conventional recliners, pressure is focused only on a particular area. So that particular spot deteriorates quickly. In addition to that, if you spend a prolonged period of time sitting in a recliner chair, you are starting to put damage on it, that it wasn’t built to take.
Durability of zero gravity chair
Zero gravity recliner chairs' weight limits are great. Your body weight is evenly distributed when you recline in a zero gravity chair. The pressure will be less centered in any particular area. By design, this increases the durability of your chair even more.
When it is the durability of the chair, the zero gravity chair is the winner
5. For Sleeping
When you consider sleeping on a recliner or zero gravity chair for a prolonged time, you might wonder which is the best.
In this aspect, traditional recliners fall short again. The pressure being centered only in particular areas you might get uncomfortable when you sleep on them for a long time.
But zero gravity chairs are intended to improve the quality of one’s sleep. Better circulation results in more efficient oxygen delivery throughout the body and increased functionality of your respiratory system. These fulfilling breaths help you sleep better. Through this, the body relaxes more and you can achieve a better sleep cycle.
When it comes to quality sleep, a zero gravity chair is the winner.
Recliner Chair Vs Zero Gravity Chair - Which One Should you Buy?
Now that we have come to the conclusion, you know the differences, features, and benefits of recliners and zero gravity chairs: The answer to your question - Which one to buy?. Neither of them is better than the other. Both of them have their unique purpose and it is up to you to choose what will serve you best.
Every functionality of zero gravity chairs and recliners is designed to help particular people who are in need of them. Know what you are looking for and get the one that meets your needs.
Hope this article helps you with your decision making and do share it with your fellow buddies who might find it helpful. Write to us if you have any questions and we will get back to you soon.