7 Best Massage Chairs – Reviews & Buying Guide for 2023
Sitting on a massage chair is the best way to relax your mind and body without having to visit a spa. Investing in the new-age recliner massage chair is a great way to relieve stress caused by hectic schedules. There may be occasions when a confusion arises choosing between a massage chair and real massage therapist. It is entirely dependent on your personal preference and many other factors.
Shopping for a massage chair can be hectic given the wide options available in the market. In this article, we’ve shortlisted the top 7 best massage chairs along with their features, buying guide, and comparison table so you can make the best decision possible. Scroll down to learn more and pick the right one for you.
Best zero gravity
- Quick Summary
- Reviews of the Best Massage Chairs of 2023
- 1. RELAXONCHAIR [MK-II Plus] Shiatsu Massage Chair
- 2. Real Relax Massage Chair
- 3. Redskins Zero Gravity Full Body Electric Shiatsu Massage Chair
- 4. iRest Full Body Zero Gravity Recliner
- 5. Electric Full Body Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner
- 6. Osaki Zero Gravity Massage Chair
- 7. Real Relax Zero Gravity SL Track Massage Chair
- Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Massage Chair
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best zero gravity shiatsu: RELAXONCHAIR [MK-II Plus] Shiatsu Massage Chair
It is the "higher" model of the two Relaxonchair full-body massage chairs. You may select up to one of our four scheduled massages to meet your relaxation needs.
All-rounder recliner: Real Relax Massage Chair
In the comfort of your own home, the Real Relax massage chair provides a complete body massage. Most users will most likely choose a different model. The airbag massage feature of the Real Relax massage chair can assist rise blood circulation and relieve stress.
Best in comfort: Redskins Zero Gravity Full Body Electric Shiatsu Massage Chair
You may mix and match massage treatments using five message locations and three massage strength levels. The chair moves from the top of the backrest to beneath the seat. Back robotic hands collaborate with SL-TRACK to provide an all-over massage that will relax you from head to thighs.
Best robotic recliner: iRest Full Body Zero Gravity Recliner
iRest is a high-rated massage chair with AI voice control. Experience innovative 3D technology and an ergonomic SL rail design for a customized massage. There are three different levels of zero gravity angles.
Best Shiatsu massage chair: Electric Full Body Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner
You may modify the angle of the massage chair to meet your specific demands. Intelligent body scanning equipment scans your body to establish your height to provide a tailored massage. There are 21 airbags in all, along with a heat treatment system.
Easy remote control: Osaki Zero Gravity Massage Chair
The Osaki 4000T massager provides a more typical S-Track massage. Although this chair lacks an L-track configuration, the strength of the massage compensates. Original S-rail designs or newer S+L-rail designs fit your spine's curves.
Best for relaxation: Real Relax Zero Gravity SL Track Massage Chair
It has LCD remote control, extra voice control message, and a more attractive look and design with dual S core neck and back robot hand rollers. You may communicate with your chair using your voice, add an extra control option to the massage chair with LCD control, free your hands, and concentrate more on your massage.
Reviews of the Best Massage Chairs of 2023
Below are some of the best massage chairs you can consider buying.
1. RELAXONCHAIR [MK-II Plus] Shiatsu Massage Chair
Relaxonchair (MK-II Plus) is one of the best zero gravity shiatsu full body massage chairs on the list. It has a built-in heater and air massage system for your back. This chair is made of soft-grained synthetic leather material which is durable and strong. It contains various massage nodes that move on an L-Track, allowing you to focus on your lower back. The key benefits of this best portable massage chair are spinal decompression, muscle relaxation, and improved blood circulation throughout the body.
You can easily control the massage functions through the remote control. It features a large viewing screen that allows you to view the functions that are active. This best massage chair can accommodate a weight capacity of 300 pounds and comes in a chocolate brown color. The package includes a massage chair, remote controller, power cord, owner's manual, and remote pocket.
- Two warming pads in the lumbar area helps to get a full-body stretch with the massage
- Integrated rolling technology from the top of the back to the bottom of the seat
- Multiple airbags for your hips, legs, and feet which inflates a smooth massage
- Includes roller massage options such as kneading, tapping, shiatsu, rolling, and a mix of kneading and tapping
- One-handed accessible remote controller for simple use
- Computerised body scan system easily identifies the size and shape of the body
- Fully assembled
- Multiple airbags
- Adjustable massager intensity
- Neck support can be better
2. Real Relax Massage Chair
Real Relax is one of the best massage chairs with full-body shiatsu massage that is lightweight and made of soft-grained synthetic leather. This chair can support up to 400 pounds and is suitable for people 6′′1′ and up. Alternatively, you can adjust the rollers' pace and strength to your preferences. It is designed with a zero-gravity mechanism that will make you feel completely relaxed. There’s only one color option available which is brown. Overall, this best massage chair is great for relaxation and affordable in cost.
- Bluetooth speakers to listen to the news, podcasts, music, and more while relaxing
- 8 massage neck rollers, 6 pre-programmed massage modes, and 50 airbags for shoulders, arms, hips, and feet
- Easily adjust the height of the back by moving it up and down
- Two built-in back wheels to easily move the chair from one place to another place
- Built-in heater provides warm massage to the waist and promotes blood circulation
- VFD display screen with advanced high definition that is simple to use
- Foot roller and airbag massage to relieve foot tension
- Easy to move
- Foot roller massage
- 50 airbags
- Bluetooth capability
- Full body massager
- Short track design
3. Redskins Zero Gravity Full Body Electric Shiatsu Massage Chair
Redskins zero gravity massage chair is a fine option if you want to buy a quality product at a reasonable cost. This top-rated massage chair is made of leather material and is easy to clean. The chair is designed to support your head, neck, shoulders, waist, and back.
Available in six massage modes, such as kneading, knocking, tapping, shiatsu, air pressure, and warmth to customize your experience. This zero gravity chair requires only 6 inches from the wall thus saving space. The weight limit of recliner chair massage Redskins is 440 pounds. The color variant is black and is best for home use. Altogether, you get a good user experience with this best portable massage chair.
- Body scan technology scans the body size for personalized massage
- Heat treatment for muscles and joints to provide a compression massage
- Five auto massage pre-programs employ a variety of massage techniques, including full-body stretching exercises
- 32 airbags placed in the arms, hips, shoulders, thighs, calves, and feet of the chair
- New features like LS track muffles sound for a silent spa-like massage experience
- Bluetooth speakers to listen to music anytime
- More convenient operation with a two-handed remote controller
- Heat massage therapy
- Bluetooth speaker
- Saves space
- Multiple massage modes
- Excellent compression massage experience
- Customer service could be better
4. iRest Full Body Zero Gravity Recliner
iRest is one of the top-rated massage chairs with AI voice control. It's a completely automatic body massager with innovative features including foot rollers and an airbag heating system. The weight capacity is 199.6 pounds. You can easily adjust the width of this massage chair, so no matter what your body shape is, you can get the perfect massage. There are 5 different massage techniques like finger pressing, shiatsu, kneading, tapping, and tapping and kneading combo.
This best massage chair will automatically detect your height, shoulder breadth, and weight after you switch it on. The heating pads on the lower back area have a temperature of approximately 40°C which can boost blood circulation and soothe aching muscles. It comes in brown color and is best for indoor purposes. Overall, it's the best massage chair for your back and neck.
- SL track on which you may enjoy the robot hands massage from your neck to legs
- Shortcut key for lifting and adjusting heating, air pressure, backrest, and more
- Three levels of zero gravity angles to improve circulation
- Integrated Bluetooth technology
- Carbon fiber as a far-infrared heat source with back heat treatment function
- Airbags on the shoulders, arms, legs, and calves support full-body from pain
- Heating therapy
- Wireless Bluetooth speaker
- Good foot massage
- Body scan technology
- AI voice control
- Zero gravity function
- Rollers do not have a pressure adjustment
5. Electric Full Body Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner
Electric full body massage chair is one of the best portable massage chairs. It is made of high-quality leather and suede material which is lightweight, durable, and comfortable. This top-rated massage chair needs only 3 cm of space during the position transition.
It comes with 7 different massage modes such as kneading, tapping, stretching, shiatsu, combination, air pressure, and warmth. This best massage chair has a weight capacity of 265 pounds. This chair comes in black color and is suitable for office and living rooms. On the whole, this best portable massage chair provides you with the greatest massage experience.
- Great support for lower back with 21 airbags positioned around hips and waistline
- Bluetooth speakers to listen to music
- Foot roller ensures soothing heat is delivered during the massage process
- Equipped with body scanning technology to provide a precise and targeted massage
- 3 levels of speed, width, and intensity control and 4 levels of air massage pressure
- Heat therapy for neck, shoulder, waist, back, leg, and foot massage for enhanced blood circulation
- Massage intensity is automatically adjusted according to the bodyweight
- SL track frame to improve blood flow to the spine
- Multiple airbags to compress and soothe muscles of your hips and waist
- Vibrating body scan
- Adjustable massage chair
- Heat therapy
- Various massage modes
- Full body stretching programs
- Customer support could be better
6. Osaki Zero Gravity Massage Chair
Osaki is a full-featured massage chair that can be reclined to any position. One of the attractive features is the aromatherapy option that will spread pleasant fragrances, circulate throughout the room and improve your mood.
Calf and foot massage adjusts for leg length to ensure the massage air bags focus on the right places. There are six massage styles like Shiatsu, kneading, and combined massage methods. This top-rated massage chair comes in black color and holds up to 270 pounds.
- Additional automatic massage modes for the upper body and lower body
- Body scan technology automatically adjusts the height and width
- Extra soft twin rollers simulate the feel of human hands in this comprehensive human hand-like massage
- Ergonomic S-Track follows the S-curve of the human spine
- 2 heated pads in the chair's lower back region to improve the massage experience
- Foot roller
- Remote control
- Computerised body scan
- Air massage technology
- Auto recliner
- Weight of the massage chair is heavy
7. Real Relax Zero Gravity SL Track Massage Chair
If you’re seeking the best massage chair, then the Real Relax SL-Track system is available at a reasonable price. Choose from 6-preset automatic programs or customize your massage with 3-intensity, 3-speed, 5-airbag pressure, and roller positions.
This best portable massage chair has a weight limit of 400 pounds and comes in brown color. After turning on, the device will automatically scan your body and customize the massage areas to fit your needs based on your height and body shape. Attractive features include foot roll kneading massage, USB charge port, and hand rest shortcut key control. All of the features you'd expect from a massage chair, make it one of the top-rated massage chairs.
- 3D robot hand improves massage comfort
- SL-track mechanism moves the chair's rollers from head to thighs, providing a full-body massage
- Equipped with 8 preset automatic programs and a zero-gravity design at the touch of single button
- Airbag massage system for feet, calves, arms, and shoulders to give a full-body air massage
- Integrated Bluetooth to hear music while getting a massage.
- Footrest extension suitable for user's length and comfortablility
- Heating functions for lower back and waist areas, resulting in a pleasant massage experience
- Body detection
- USB charge port
- Airbag massage
- Bluetooth speaker
- Long L-track
- No track record
- Occupy too much space
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Massage Chair
When shopping for a massage chair, keep the following aspects in mind. Keep reading our buyer’s guide that will assist you in determining the most important elements to search for in a massage chair.
A massage chair is a major investment and the price rises as more functions are added, as it does with most things. A high-end massage chair will often cost between $3,000 to $6,000. There are even massage chair brands that sell chairs for under $1000. If you’re looking for the best massage chair, keep in mind that pricing plays a big factor in what you get.
When you decide to buy a massage chair, be sure to look into the warranty details and terms offered by the massage chair manufacturer. Always keep in mind that companies that provide strong warranties should be prioritized in your search. Pick for a chair that comes with at least a one-year warranty.
When choosing a massage chair, think twice about how much space you have. An extendable reclining chair is a wonderful choice if you have a large living room. Some chairs will just recline a few inches, while others can require a foot or more. If you don't have a lot of space, look for chairs that include a space-saving feature.
Select the massage chair that has airbags in the armrests and backrests as it will help with blood circulation and pain alleviation.
If you want to relax and boost up your mood, buy Bluetooth-enabled gadgets to the seats and stay connected. Many top-rated massage chairs come with built-in speakers that allow you to connect your phone or tablet to the chair and listen to audiobooks, podcasts, or music as you rest. If Bluetooth connectivity is important to you, be sure the chair you're considering has it.
Depending on the model you choose, your massage chair will include rollers. differences between each roller so you'll know what to look for.
- 4D Massage Rollers: You'll get a deep tissue massage with these rollers. They can turn and massage at different angles that other rollers can't. They're intense and satisfying.
- 3D Massage Rollers: You'll find these rollers in the great majority of massage chairs on the market. They penetrate deep into the back and shoulder muscles, providing you with an intensive but comfortable massage.
- 2D Massage Rollers: If you're looking for a low-cost chair, this is most likely what you'll find. This simply implies that they cater to people looking for a simple massage that does not go too deep or enter too much.
Genuine leather is frequently used for recliner chair upholstery. This is due to the amount of movement and heat that your massage chair will produce on a daily basis and must withstand. Synthetic textiles are designed to withstand heat, wear, and tear, assuring the long-term durability of your massage chair.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does the massage chair work?
A massage chair uses a track system with rollers, nodes, and airbags that move up and down your spine to resemble the hands of a working-out knot, easing muscle tension, and improving circulation.
2. Is it harmful to spend too much time in a massage chair?
Starting with 15 minutes in your massage chair is recommended. It has the potential to inflame or possibly harm the body's sensitive tissues. Gradually increase the length of your massages.
3. How long do massage chairs last?
You can anticipate your massage chair to endure for around three years if you use it often and take proper care of it. Meanwhile, if properly maintained and cared for, a high-end chair can survive up to 5-10 years before requiring repair.
4. Is the heat therapy in the massage chairs effective?
Heat therapy in a massage chair is usually effective because it relaxes your muscles and other body areas. A massage chair with a gorgeous design is a natural approach to soothe your body and relieve tiredness and tension.
5. Is it possible for massage chairs to cause back pain?
A massage chair can cause injury or bruises to your back if used wrongly, so always read the instructions and don't use it for longer than recommended.
6. What should I budget for a massage chair?
It completely depends on your budget. As you can see from our list, the majority of high-end massage chairs range in price from $5,000 to over $15,000.
Hope the information in this article will be useful, to choose the ideal brand and model. All of the items on our list are high-quality and easy to use. To relieve tension and weariness on a daily basis, choose from any of these top massage chairs.
Before using any massage chairs, consult your physician and be sure to follow all instructions for a safe operation.