Picking the best recliners for seniors is an important task as it will add more comfort and stability to seniors in your life. Apart from being a great addition to a home, the best lift chairs are adaptable, one-size-fits-all, and user-friendly.
To help you make the right decision, we’ve picked a list of the best lift chairs for seniors that are available in the market. They’re carefully selected by our experts to give you a clear view of the product. There is also a comparison table to help you understand the difference between the products. Take a look at the list and pick the right one.
Best In Comfort
- Quick Summary
- Reviews of Best Recliners for Seniors in 2024
- 1. Mcombo Large Recliner Chair With Extended Footrest
- 2. Harper & Bright Designs Lift Chair for Elderly
- 3. Dynox Lift Chair
- 4. Irene Power Lift Chair
- 5. Mcombo Recliner Chair Sofa with Massage and Heat
- 6. VUYUYU Power Lift Recliner Chairs for Elderly
- 7. YODOLLA Lift Chair
- 8. Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair
- Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Lift Chairs
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best In Comfort – Mcombo Large Recliner Chair With Extended Footrest
If power lift assistance along with additional exceptional features is your lookout, this is the best option. Perfect for people with mobility issues or recovering from surgery. Dual USB port. Extended footrest. Durable leather. Hand remote.
Best Durable – Harper & Bright Designs Lift Chair for Elderly
One of the best-constructed lift chairs that are perfectly suitable for elders. Integrated and sturdy frame made of durable metal. Easy lift mechanism. Padded seat cushions. Overstuffed seat, armrest, and backrest. Weight capacity of up to 330 lbs.
Best Functionality – Dynox Lift Chair
One of the best recliners filled with highly functional features. Equipped with a lift mechanism. Adjustable backrest and armrest. Made of durable and soft leather. Handy remote control. 4-point vibration massage. Massaging and heating functions. Fitted with Chenille. Load capacity up to 300 lbs.
Best Multifunctional – Irene Power Lift Chair
Functions as a power lift function and reclining sofa chair. Extending footrest. Durable metal mechanism. Lumbar support. Firm cushions. Side pocket design. Ideal for watching television, sleeping, and reading. Weight capacity of 300 lbs.
Best Suitable – Mcombo Recliner Chair Sofa with Massage and Heat
If you are looking for a chair that is suitable for everyone in the household, this will be ideal. Thickening padding. Built-in springs. Counter-balanced lift mechanism. TUV certified motor. Lumbar Heating & Full-body Vibration. Multiple modes and intensities for massage. USB Charging Ports & Cup Holders.
Best Affordable – VUYUYU Power Lift Recliner Chairs for the Elderly
Highly functional and advanced recliner chair at an affordable price. Controlled by a side button. four points massage with five adjustable modes and two intensity options. lumbar heating function. timer function. Air-breathing soft PU leather finish.
Best Friendly Design – YODOLLA Lift Chair
If adult-friendly design is your choice, this will be ideal for you. TUV certified motor. USB charging port. Remote control. 8 vibration massage modes. 5 adjustable massage modes. Elastic fillers and springs.
Best Finish – Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair
One of the best-looking lift recliner chairs with a faux leather finish. TUV-certified actuator. Reclines up to 140°. USB ports and cup holders. 8 vibrating points. Lumbar heating point. Adjustable massage modes. Weight capacity of 320 lbs.
Reviews of Best Recliners for Seniors in 2024
1. Mcombo Large Recliner Chair With Extended Footrest
Mcombo’s recliner chair is one of the best lift chairs with power lift assistance that will be useful for people with mobility issues or recovering from surgery. No help is needed in assembling and the lift or reclining position can be adjusted with the help of a hand remote.
It is also equipped with a dual USB port where you can put the phone to charge. The extra cup holders to keep the drink while resting or watching TV. Also, there are five different color variants, cream-white, beige fabric, blue, dark grey, and solid black.
- Footrest can be extended to stretch the body to full-length
- Change to any preferred position with the touch of a button
- Accommodates people of height is 5.7’’ to 6.2’’ which makes it ideal for tall people
- Dual USB port
- Extended footrest
- Durable leather
- No massaging features
2. Harper & Bright Designs Lift Chair for Elderly
Harper & Designs lift chair is one of the best recliners for seniors. Control is in two buttons where seniors can easily stand up and lie down. The headrest is overstuffed to ease the neck. Extra cushions in the armrest provide the ultimate comfort. Elders can also rest for longer hours without worrying about back pain as the seating is extra soft and comfortable.
The chair is made of a durable and strong frame to well support the elders. It comes in two colors, brown and beige.
- Easy lift mechanism that pushes the chair to help the elders stand up easily without adding stress to the body
- Can be adjusted to any preferred reclining position
- Overstuffed seat, armrest, and backrest offers the best comfort
- Can be reclined up to 160°
- Easy to assemble
- easy control with remote
- Narrow seating
3. Dynox Lift Chair
Dynox’s lift chair is one of the best power lift recliners with a dual motor. The lift mechanism pushes the entire chair to assist seniors to stand up easily.
The backrest and armrest can be adjusted individually. It is made of durable and soft leather which is easy to clean. Available color options are light yellow and dark brown.
- Backrest can be adjusted from 105° to 156° and the footrest can be adjusted from 90° to 180°
- Remote control with just 4 buttons to achieve lifting up for people of all ages.
- 4 point vibration massage on shoulder and backrest with tapping, rolling, kneading, pulse, press, wave, auto, and normal.
- Massaging and heating functions can be operated by a separate remote.
- Dual motor
- Good lumbar support
- Easy to assemble
- Customer service is average
4. Irene Power Lift Chair
Irene’s lift chair is one of the best power lift recliners powered by the German Okin Motor. The motor serves two functions, one as powerlifting for elders and the other as a reclining sofa. This chair is best for people who have leg or back problems or if they are back from surgery. It also has a side pocket to keep small belongings.
Soft cushion seating gives the expected comfort. This amazing chair comes in seven different color variants, light brown, black leather, blue, brown, grey, grey leather, and brown leather. On the whole, the sturdy construction makes this the best lift chair for seniors.
- Extending footrest and reclining feature allows the user to completely stretch and relax
- Durable metal mechanism with lasting quality, functionality, and safety
- Lumbar support to relieve stress from the back and lumbar region
- Can be reclined gently to any position with the push of a button
- Easy to assemble
- Firm cushions
- Elegant look
- Lacks vibrating options
5. Mcombo Recliner Chair Sofa with Massage and Heat
Another best recliner for seniors on the list is the Mcombo’s power lift chair. This recliner has a TUV certified motor allowing elders to access the chair easily. Overstuffed padding and headrest, built-in springs in the seat, and pillowtop for arms make this chair more comfortable to use.
This recliner chair comes in three colors, navy blue, coffee, and grey.
- Comes with 8 vibrating points on the shoulder, thighs, arms, and calves
- Lumbar heating point to give comfort in the lumbar area
- 9 different modes and 5 intensities to provide an ultimate reclining experience
- Full body vibration
- Lumbar heating
- Multiple modes and intensities for massage
- Limited reclining position
6. VUYUYU Power Lift Recliner Chairs for Elderly
Vuyuyu’s power lift recliner is one of the best lift chairs available at an affordable price. The soft upholstery with cotton filling inside gives a comfortable resting. Control buttons at the side will help seniors to stand up without giving any pressure on their back. Also, it can be adjusted to any lifting or reclining position you want.
There are other useful features such as a cup holder, extra storage bags to hold magazines, mobiles, and so on. Overall, this is one of the best power lift recliners for elders who want to do activities like resting, watching tv, and reading.
- Four points massage on the back, lumbar, thigh, and leg with five adjustable modes and two intensity options
- Lumbar heating soothes the back
- Massaging time can be pre-set for 15/13/60 minutes
- Good massaging features
- Sturdy chair for seniors
- Feet may hangover the footrest for tall people
7. YODOLLA Lift Chair
Yodolla’s lift chair is also one of the affordable best recliners for seniors on this list. It comes with a TUV certified motor that pushes up the entire chair to assist the elders in standing up. It can be reclined up to 150°.
The chair has two side pockets with extra storage space where things like magazines, mobiles, etc can be kept. It also comes with a USB charging port to charge the phone while sitting or resting. These features make this one of the best lift chairs. The color variants include beige, grey textile, and fabric brown.
- 20.5 inches depth of the seat to provide support to the entire hip and leg
- Remote control to recline and lift up
- 8 vibration massage modes for back, lumbar, thighs, and leg and 2 vibration intensities, and 5 massage modes give a unique massaging experience.
- Elastic fillers and springs of the fabric recliner give a comfortable sitting experience
- USB charging port
- Soft seating
- Adjustable massage modes
- Limited reclining position
8. Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair
Mcombo’s power lift recliner comes with a faux leather finish. This is one of the best lift recliners as it comes with power lift assistance. It can be reclined to 140° with the help of a hand remote.
USB ports and cup holders make it easier to charge and keep the drinks while resting. Lift up mechanism in Mcombo’s series makes it one of the best lift chairs for the elderly. This chair comes in five different colors, dark brown, black, cream white, light brown, and red.
- 8 vibrating points along the full length of the chair offers a comfortable massage
- Lumbar heating point to soothe the lower back
- Heating function can be worked separately with vibration
- Adjustable massage modes
- Lumbar heat feature
- USB port
- Limited reclining positions
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Lift Chairs
Here are some points that you need to keep in mind before you buy a recliner chair for elders.
1. Recliner types for seniors
While any type of recliner can be suitable for seniors, some have extra features that can be easier for them to use. Traditional rockers, massaging recliners are all comfortable to use for seniors. They can be manual or electric; electric recliners are easy to operate for people with mobility issues. A lifting recliner is suitable for people who find it hard to stand up and sit down in. Lifting recliners are a popular choice for elders these days.
2. Motor type
Power lift recliners come in a single motor or dual motor. As the name says, single motor chairs have one motor that controls the entire movement of the chair including the lifting and reclining mechanisms. The dual-motor operates different parts of the chair. While one controls the lifting mechanism, the other controls the footrest and the reclining mechanism. With the latter one, each position can be adjusted individually to set the perfect lounging position.
3. Frame and material
Plywood, hardwood, and metal are generally used in a recliner. Lift recliners use a mix of wood and metal for a durable frame to support the chair and the user’s body as it lifts. Cushions are made of foam, memory foam, or an innerspring system to give comfortable seating. Recliner upholsteries include leather, fabric, and vinyl. Fabrics come in a range of colors. They are breathable and durable. Leather and vinyl are easy to clean and they have a sleek look. Choose materials like leather as they are easier to clean for elders.
4. Massage and heat option
Additional features like massaging and heating options add more comfort to a recliner. Massage recliners have rollers inside the chair that create kneading or vibrating to set the massaging. Heating features are common in recliners offering a warming feeling. This feature helps with creating a cozy feeling for the user to nap or rest.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a good seat height for seniors?
An ideal seat height for the best lift chair would be 18-19 inches for seniors.
2. Will the feet hang off of a recliner?
In a reclined position, the user’s feet may hang over slightly. If it hangs out too much, try to pick a longer one. Because that position can cause pain in the back of the leg.
3. Which lift chair is best for back pain?
Lift chairs with extra padded cushions are best for back pain as they soothe the back. You can also go through our article on Best Recliners For Seniors to explore more options.
4. Are recliners and massage chairs safe for seniors?
Yes, they are. If the chair has massaging features, start off gradually with light massages to avoid muscle discomfort and then increase the intensity. Most of the best recliners for seniors come with a soft cushion and extra padding to avoid muscle soreness for elders.
5. How much does the best power lift for recliners cost?
The cost will depend on the brand and the features you’re looking for. The cost of power lift recliners starts from $300.
Comfort is essential when choosing recliners for the elders. Make sure to pick the correct model that matches the requirements and features that will be fully utilized by your parents or grandparents. Hope this article’s best recliners for seniors will help you make the right decision.